Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Certain results already showing...

Today around 3PM after eating my nice lunch and updating my blog, I chose to take a nap. I didn't sleep very well last night, and knew that if I didn't take a planned nap, that i would end up falling asleep anyways and the result would be that I would stay awake all night, therefore screwing up the sleep schedule that i've worked so hard to get back to normal after my past days as a night owl working 3rd shift. 

Anyways, I set my alarm for 6PM giving me a good 3 hour nap. Of course it took me a little while to actually fall asleep because my room was freezing! I estimate I probably slept off an on for about 2 hours. 

When I woke up I was ravenous! Even though I was full-ish before from my half caesar salad and piece of bread, when I woke up, i could hear my half Asiago Roast Beef sandwich calling my name! I quickly ran down stairs and gobbled it up! 

I usually like to split my lunches in half so that I can eat dinner a bit later. This also helps save me from those midnight munchies as by the time I start to get hungry out of boredom or whatever, it's time to go to sleep and i can just avoid the situation altogether. 

Around 8:30, I finally was feeling a little bit hungry again and decided to break out this delicious salad that I picked up at our local Stop N' Shop salad bar this afternoon. I like to cook, but there are often times where convenience wins out over home cooking. This was one of those days!
 
This salad was made up of about 4 cups of romaine and mixed greens, some broccoli, cherry tomatoes (they're hiding in there!), about 6 oz of grilled chicken breast, and a little bit of diced ham which i used in place of bacon bits! I topped off this HUGE salad with 2 servings of light ranch dressing, bringing the caloric total to about 490 calories. This salad was so large that I was unable to finish the entire thing in one sitting! Instead I put the other half in the fridge and i'll probably eat it later before I go to bed. There are so many myths out there about eating before going to bed...that it'll make you retain weight, and make it harder to lose. Totally untrue! It really doesn't matter when you eat!

If you look closely, you can see Zeus in the background of this picture...following the food as usual!

In regards to the topic of this post...certain results really ARE starting to show! I've always enjoyed ending my night with a bit o' that "wacky tobacky" if you know what i mean...and in the past i've always ended up with a major case of the munchies which would cause me to over eat and make myself miserable. Well, i'm graduating in a month now, and it's time for me to grow up and get my act together. Especially with the types of jobs that i'll be looking to get, they all drug test! I've noticed just in the one day since I made the decision to quit the green, that i'm eating a lot less. In the past i NEVER would have let a half salad sit in the fridge until later! I would have stuffed myself with the entire thing, smoked some more, and eaten even more food when I got hungry later. Hence I would have been over full and feeling miserable by the time I went to bed. 

Hopefully i'll be seeing some more changes in the days and weeks to come!

No comments: