Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Frustrating afternoon!

Today was one of those times where in the past, i might have turned to food for comfort. In a ways, I did, but at least I turned to food that was fairly healthy. My go-to foods in times of frustration have always been fast and greasy. I love McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell...you name it, i'll probably eat it! 

Today, instead of going to my usual greasy burger joint, I ended up at Panera Bread. This was the original plan for lunch anyways, but my frustration over a failed oil change and getting ripped off by Meineke made my lunch taste that much sweeter...

This is me, obviously pissed off, coming home after running around all day and dealing with a-holes! 

Anyways, every time I go to Panera Bread, I tend to order the exact same thing. Half of a caesar salad with half of the asiago roast beef sandwich, and a side of french bread. For about $8, this meal is not bad at all, and is quite filling. The entire meal came to 850 calories. The side of bread they give you is always so large, that I count it as two servings. One of these day's i'm going to have to remember to weigh it!

Overall, breakfast held me over pretty well until I got home around 2PM to enjoy this great lunch. The salad and the bread ended up being plenty for me right now, and so I wrapped up the remaining sandwich and i'm saving it for a tasty snack later on tonight! The old Abby would have simply forced the sandwich down and suffered the consequences of being too full, but not today! Today is all about changes and the small things i've done so far have made me proud!

I picked up something great for dinner tonight from Stop N' Shop...you'll just have to wait and see!

No comments: