Sunday, November 23, 2008

Party Time!

Tonight was my friend Shreya's 23rd Birthday Party! But before I start in on that, let me start with last night...



Last night I ended up choosing to eat a sandwich instead of my fast and easy Cod Sticks. This really hit the right spot! I used a bulky roll from the package that I picked up at the store a couple of days ago, and into it I packed 1tbs of regular mayo (yes, you heard me, REGULAR!), turkey, honey mustard, bacon, american cheese, shredded lettuce, onion, and tomato. This is one of my "famous" sandwiches that everyone has been raving about lately. I guess working at Subway for 3 and a half years during high school wasn't all in vain, haha. This was 453 calories and worth every single bite! I woke up today and once again immediately picked up the 2nd book in the "Twilight" series. I read for a couple of hours and finally headed downstairs in search of sustinance. I decided that I was in the mood for hot dogs, and so I made some! I used 2 98% fat free hot dogs in 2 light rolls, and split about a tablespoon of ketchup between the two of them. This ran me about 255 calories and was just the thing to hold me over until I ate later before leaving for the party...

I spent most of the day lazing around the house reading more of my book and finally finished it around 5PM. I've read so much this weekend! After I was done reading, i took a shower and got all gussied up to go. Before I left I planned on eating a pretty substantial meal so that I wouldn't be tempted to snack at the party. Snacking is my worst enemy!
I made another of my "famous" sandwiches and added a serving of black seedless grapes and a bag of Sour Cream and Onion potato chips. The entire meal added up to 703 calories. Eating this didn't even make me feel as though I was on a diet! So yummy!


I got to the party tonight around 8 o'clock, and was very good! I brought my own diet soda with me, because all that was available there was alcohol. I'm really not a big drinker. I just don't like it! On the downside, I did cave in and ended up taking a few tokes on a bowl that was being sent around, but I don't think it'll really delay the progress that i've already made towards getting clean, so i'm not too worried. While at the party, I did get a little bit hungry, and ended up eating about a serving of Cheez-It's and a serving of Fritos. I didn't photograph them because there were so many people there and I didn't want to look like the freak taking pictures of food! Haha.
It's about 1AM right now, and i've just gotten home.
Tomorrow i'll be headed to my grandmothers house for a belated birthday dinner, so I probably won't get around to posting until Monday evening. I'll do my best to take a few pictures. My family always makes fun of me for taking pictures of my food, but hey, as long as i'm having fun doing it, that's all that matters, right?
Well i'm off to bed so that I can get up around 10AM and head over there. It's about an hour and a half drive and I have to pack up the dog and take him with me too. He loves going, and get's so excited, but he really HATES the car ride!
Wish me luck! Goodnight...



No comments: